Strange Engravings on a stone found near OXford

Трудночитаемые надписи на старинных изображениях. Помощь в расшифровке.
Ответить

Ron

Сообщение Ron »

While researching a 'famous' battle that I believe took place just outside of Oxford, I came across a fascinating book by the antiquarian Robert Plot. The natural history of Oxford-shire : being an essay toward the natural history of England : Plot, Robert, 1640-1696 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
https://archive.org/details/naturalhist ... ew=theater

Between pages 356 and 357 are drawings of artifacts that he found. Please see above link.
The artifact that interests me the most is at the bottom of the page (figure 8).

He found a stone with engravings that he conludes must be Chinese!! (and some form of Epitaph).
I would be most grateful if anyone has any thoughts on what these engravings might be.
ПЕРЕВОД
Исследуя "знаменитую" битву, которая, по моему мнению, произошла недалеко от Оксфорда, я наткнулся на увлекательную книгу антиквара Роберта Плота. The natural history of Oxford-shire : being an essay towards the natural history of England : Plot, Robert, 1640-1696 : Бесплатно скачать, одолжить и транслировать : Архив Интернета
https://archive.org/details/naturalhist ... ew=theater

Между страницами 356 и 357 находятся рисунки артефактов, которые он нашел. Пожалуйста, смотрите вышеуказанную ссылку.
Артефакт, который заинтересовал меня больше всего, находится внизу страницы (рисунок 8).

Он нашел камень с гравировкой, которая, по его мнению, должна быть китайской! (и какая-то форма эпитафии).
Я буду очень признателен, если у кого-нибудь есть какие-либо мысли по поводу того, что это могут быть за гравюры.

Markgraf99-
Благодарил (а): 52 раза

Сообщение Markgraf99- »

Автор темы
Ron

Сообщение Ron »

Thank you for your reply.
Plot did not really believe that this stone came from China.
I believe that this stone was engraved on site!
That is, the village of "Begbroke" right next to the battle field.
And that is why I believe that these engravings refer to the battle.
Many thanks.

Автор темы
Ron

Сообщение Ron »

Robert Plot (please see previous posts) also describes STONEHENGE. He states that it is made up of at least 3 stone circles (Some say 4) and each stone is joined by architraves. And while describing another stone circle, he says they seem not NATURAL, but made of small types of stones CEMENTED together. And that those at STONEHENGE may also be ARTIFICAL. "It being plain that they could and did do such things in the ancient times".
So Plot describes the 'original' Stonehenge and believes it's probably made with artificial stones.

Владиmir З
Благодарил (а): 74 раза

Сообщение Владиmir З »

Ron писал(а): 14 июл 2023, 20:06 Robert Plot (please see previous posts) also describes STONEHENGE.
So this is a brand new one. It was supposedly "reconstructed" in the 50s. There are a lot of photos on the net about this topic.
Нам глубь веков уже видна
неразличимою детально,
и лишь историку дана
возможность врать документально

Игорь Губерман

Автор темы
Ron

Сообщение Ron »

Thank you for your reply,
Plot describes the Stonehenge that he knew about in the 1600's (on the same site as the current one).
They started construction on the current Stonehenge since the early 1900's. (Yes, tons of photo's).
I don't know how much of Plot's Stonehenge was still there, before they started their fake new one!
It was common for people to take the stones to build houses. Like at nearby Avebury.
The main point I get from Plot, is that he knew that (his) Stonehenge and other henges in England were made with ARTIFICIAL stones way back in antiquity! (this accords with the NC)
Many thanks,
Ответить