Ptolemy's Almagest (S.II) = al-Battani's 'star table' (S. IX)

Научный форум официального сайта проекта "Новая Хронология".
На НАУЧНОМ ФОРУМЕ обсуждаются вопросы, связанные только с хронологией и реконструкцией истории.
Правила форума
Разрешено обсуждение только НАУЧНЫХ вопросов, связанных с хронологией и реконструкцией истории.
Ответить

cjbaiget

Сообщение cjbaiget »

Dear friends,

As you may know from a previous message, a new dating method for ancient stellar catalogs gave me a very precise date for the observation of Almagest's up to 350 brightest stars: exactly the year 880 A.D.

Today I've found that not only al-Battani's star catalog is precisely from 880 A.D., but also that he himself is known as 'the greatest' (al-majisti in arab) and also 'the Ptolemy of arabs".

Moreover: officially his star catalog is just Ptolemy's catalog "with half of its stars" and "longitudes corrected for precession"! see: https://islamsci.mcgill.ca/RASI/BEA/Battani_BEA.pdf

It's obvious why it's the Almagest the one contains almost the double of al-Battani's and not the other way around, and also why latitudes match: it's because its a later development that contains all the stars of al-Battani and also the fainter ones which were measured between S. IX and S. XVI (the falsification). That also explains why dating the Almagest including the fainter stars gives non-resolutive answers, as those are measured relative to the al-Battani's positions in another epoch.

I hope this discovery helps shed some light on this enigmatic document of exceptional chronological importance.
Carlos Baiget (cliolapso.blogspot.com)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Battani

Автор темы
cjbaiget

Сообщение cjbaiget »

Great news! I've found a wonderful new evidence supporting this identification: Ptlomaios was called "Batlamyus" in arabic (بَطْلَمْيُوس). Nowadays it is his name in turkish: Batlamyus

Phonetic similarity is evident: alBattani -> Battlani -> Batlamyus -> (B.to.P) Ptolomaios

Чаузов Владимир
Благодарил (а): 5 раз

Сообщение Чаузов Владимир »

"Al" is the defining article in Arabic.

Автор темы
cjbaiget

Сообщение cjbaiget »

Of course, "al" is the defining article, very similar to "el" which is the equivalent in Spanish, my mother tongue.
However when arab names are latinized, frequently the article becomes part of the name.
Which is the case precisely with al-Battani, called Albategnius in latin.

But Battani is Ptolemy without the article having any effect at all!. Second T changed to L, N changed to M:

BatTaNi -> BatLaMi. Just add latin suffix "-us" (masculine gender) and you will get Batlamius, that is, Ptolemy in arab.
Ответить